Children in Syria chemical attack video 'moved between locations' before 'staged' filming

September 18, 2013

Children filmed as victims of the Aug 21 chemical attack in a Damascus suburb had been deliberately moved to the location from a different region after being kidnapped weeks before, Mother Agnes told RT after presenting her own investigation to the UN.

Mother Agnes Mariam el-Salib and her group carried out their own investigation. They looked through the 35 videos of the incident that were posted on the internet.

What caught Mother Agnes' eye was that the same children resurfaced in different videos.

"We see children in a video presented as victims of a chemical attack in Jobar. And then we see the same kids in a video out of Kfar-Batna, and they are claimed to be kids from Kfar-Batna, and then, from Ain Terma. We have seen one and the same boy ostensibly in agony in different settings," she told RT Arabic.
RT: Are you referring to videos circulated by American media?

MA: Exactly.

RT: What about the other side of the story? I mean the Syrian government. It has also released videos, claiming the footage depicts the victims of a sarin attack. Have you examined those?

MA: No. In fact, we are an independent group. We don't work for anyone, we work on our own. We want to know the truth. We are bringing up this issue in whatever format is available. Today, we spoke to the UN Human Rights Council. Next, we plan to address the International Red Cross Committee. We want to know who those children are and where they come from. Those kids were apparently moved between locations. That is, we see children in a video presented as victims of a chemical attack in Jobar. And then we see the same kids in a video out of Kfar-Batna, and they are claimed to be kids from Kfar-Batna, and then, from Ain Terma. We have seen one and the same boy ostensibly in agony in different settings. Who are those children?

Full interview HERE

Return to index